Friday 9 October 2009

The Mother of Indian restaurants

If you live in Glasgow, and for some bizarre reason you haven’t yet tried Mother India, my advice to you is do it – now. I’ve only been 3 times myself, but every time was consistently yummy. The food was fresh and delicious, and anyone I know who has eaten there has had consistently good experiences.

The place is popular. The last time I was there it was a Saturday night and even though we had booked, we still had to wait in a queue of people, all with reservations. This was quickly resolved, however, when I phoned the restaurant from my mobile outside and said, ‘Hi, we have a party of 10, any chance our table is ready?’ A waitress promptly emerged and took us downstairs to our table.

One bit of advice – don’t book online. The website requires that you give credit card details, but if you phone, they don’t ask for this.

With all the Indian restaurants in Glasgow, a place has to pretty amazing to stand out. With Mother India, you won’t get any of those bright red, obviously dyed dishes with pools of oil resting on top. You’ll just get complex flavours and plenty of fresh vegetables and spice. Delicious!

You can get all the info you need on the website, including menus. Visit www.motherindiaglasgow.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment